Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ambiguity

My wife has just started her three day working week, and to make things a little easier we have engaged the services of a cleaning lady.

As a consequence my wife has run around the house, with a desperate sense of urgency cleaning everything– just for the cleaning lady!

I think it was Rowlph the piano tapping dog from the Muppets who sang of women “You can’t live with ‘em, you can’t live without ‘em–there’s something ambiguous about ‘em”.

I tend to agree.

4 comments:

Kel said...

Lionfish, there are many many women out there who would understand your wife's actions.
In the past I've done some work as a housecleaner and I lost count of the number of times the women would apologise for how messy the house was. The guys never did - they were always like, "I'm paying her to clean it, so why should I?"
Mars and Venus . . .

susanwalkergirl said...

Lionfish...I had to laugh and definitely could relate to your wife's reaction. That exactly why I've never paid anyone to clean my house. It's "a girl thing". Just started perusing your site...and I really like. To quote my dear governor..."I'll be back."

Susan

Chelsea said...

Cleaning before the maid comes is like flossing just before you go to the dentist when you are not normally a flosser.
Silly things you humans do!

IMO said...

I think that is what I would do too--so no cleaning lady. And why do we have a dishwasher if we practically wash them clean before we put them in there; my mother-in-law would say, "To sterilize them". LOL