Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Big Chill

Had our 20 Year School reunion last night. Can’t believe how fast 20 years goes.

Although I still see three or four guys on a regular basis, had a great time, with people I had not even spared a thought for in a long period of time.

Quite different from the 10 year reunion – where everyone was showcasing their career.

This time around it was all about children, schools and work-life balance. Many now have opted for a ‘sea-change’ / country life style (not surprising as many were boarders).

Looking back at the photo’s of some of the mature teachers at the time only to realise that we have now exceed the age that they were when they taught us.

One thing is clear; we have become our parents and teachers.

3 comments:

Kel said...

ooooooh! that's scary!

i went christmas shopping today for niece and nephew and it suddenly hit me that what's trendy now is what was trendy when I was young

c'mon, I'm too young to be old yet :(

backyardmissionary said...

so... Lionfish is 37 years old hey!?

Lionfish said...

Kel - I honestly still feel like I did in my early 20's....must be time to grow-up!

Hamo - I'd like to lie and say I graduated younger... Yep 37 and still desperately trying to stay in a 32" waistline!