Saturday, December 17, 2005

Better Days

Some songs just mark the milstones of your life.

Though not a hppay one, this is one for now:

Better Days
-Pete Murray

And I saw it coming
I saw emptiness and tragedy
And I felt like running
So far away
But knew I had to stay
And I know when I'm older
I look back and I still feel the pain
I know I'll be stronger and I know I'll be fine
For the rest of my days

I've seen better days
Put my face in my hands
Get down on my knees and I pray to God
Hope he sees me through till the end

I noticed the smallest things
But I didn't notice the change
It was hot in the morning
Then it turned so cold, twas the end of the day
There was no condensation I just felt like I was in space
I needed my friends there I just turned around
They were gone without a trace.

6 comments:

Kel said...

Lionfish, wishing you strength to get through the less than better days and the gift of a friend who will not be gone without a trace.

I've been there, it's a hard space. It might seem impossible now, but you will see better days again.

Lionfish said...

Thanks Kel.

It will sure be better days beginning Wedneday PM - if I get through this exam!

Ab Truth said...

separation from God
total depravity
total self-centredness
humanity fundamentally corrupted
no way out for my soul
what hope is there for mankind?
should we expect life to be any better than what we get? No!

we have no hope but false hope no reason for our expectation to rise.. if not for Christ without whom we are condemned to a fruitless search for meaning.

Lionfish said...

Ab truth,

We seem to be on the same page...

What good is free-will when by default we choose to sin.

Thank God He chose Us.

Rodney Olsen said...

It's Christmas Eve and I'm spending a little time dropping in on the blogs I regularly read. I wish you a very merry Christmas and I look forward to reading your blog in 2006.

backyardmissionary said...

A very merry Christmas Lionfish! May you enjoy the season. Sounds like an interesting journey at the moment:)