Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Australia Day 2006



This may sound like a tremendous boast, but I think that we Aussies live in the best country in the World.

Today it will be the beach, a barbecue in the Park, the Beach, a barbecue at home - for something different. I will also head to the 'lookout' a converted water tower to watch the Austrlai Day fireworks. Thats what its all about.

I'm cutting a CD with my favourite Australian Songs:

1) Flame Trees - (Cold Chisel)
2) Cool Change - (Little River Band)
3) Better Days - (Pete Murray)
4) Down Under - (Men at Work)
5) Happy Birthday Helen - (Things of Stone and Wood)
6) Reckless - (Austlian Crawl)
7) Sounds Of Then (This is Australia) - (GANGGajang)
8) Making Gravy - (Paul Kelly)
9) Never Tear Us Apart (INXS)
10) Great South Land - (IceHouse)
11) Power and the Passion - Midnight Oil
12) Woking Class Man - (Jimmy Barnes)

Who knows...I may even add I Sitll Call Australia Home - (Peter Allen) as a hidden track.

Have a Great Australia Day...

(Let me know if you would like a copy Marisa).

2 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

I'd drop Pete Murray for Real Thing by Russell Morris. :)

Lionfish said...

How - could you drop Pete Murray at all?

You are showing your age now :-)