Saturday, March 12, 2005

Blogging Lite

I'm going underground (or should I say "Underwater") this week - far too much to do:

1) Finishing constructing and building a gate out of an old 'dunny' (toliet) door for our house. I love the concept of recycling and the door is over 60 years old - made of beautiful solid jarrah. It's amazing the things you can do with some thought, and some good power-tools borrowed from a brother - and an industrious wife!.

2) Back into study. Lots of reading - and will be setting up another 'Blog' dedicated solely to 'Project Management' for Business.

3) Work is really busy...lots to do this week.

4) My wife has started back at work from maternity leave...so additional help there - finally will have a little extra cash to put down lawns and gardens and things!


I have also made to stay in Business Change - rather than move to Business Strategy. I really get too much of a buzz out of getting things done and implemented...And there are some great 'leading-edge' technology Projects coming down the pipeline. I'd rather work doing something I enjoy - rather than moving for the sake of 'its time to move'.

I'm finally getting some clarity on what I need to do career-wise. And that is to focus on the implementation side of things, rather than be a 'paid-thinker'. Maybe one-day I could use these skills with o/s missions or ophanages or something. That sits well with my heart anyway. I'm open to God's leading on this one.

2 comments:

The Faith Expedition said...

I hope you don't go too far underwater! We'd miss you!! Have an awesome week.

Becky

IMO said...

We'll miss you while you're busy, but your family is most important. My hubby stayed home from seminary today to catch up on homework and hunny do stuff. You guys are great!