Saturday, May 21, 2005

Simple Things

Tonight we went to the Marina for dinner as a family. Sitting in an alfresco sharing fish and chips from the paper. No dishes. Then a walk to get an icecream. Softserve dipped in chocolate for my wife, bubblegum falour for my 7 year old and 'Rum 'n Raisan' for me.

We stopped the car on the way home to watch the lightning storms display their power over the Ocean.

It's the simple things that mark the best of times:

1) Being warm in the car - though it is raining and cold outside while listening to U2 on the stereo,
2) Catching a glimpse of my wife in the flashes of light - and realising once again that she is a damn fine woman, - 12 years after making her aquaintance.
3) Seeing my sons enjoy each others company...the baby now alaways likes to stroke his big brother's hair!.

Now that's Life at its Grandest!

No comments: