Sunday, May 22, 2005

What Men Want

I wrote this in response to a Question posed by 'Michael' on Phil Bakers Blog and wanted to capture ot here (I am sure my son's will read my rambling's one day):

The Question was "What do Men want?" (perhaps it should better be phrased "What do Men Need in life?")

My Thoughts:

...Men want respect...though I mean 'self respect'.

Your primary sense of self worth and meaning should only come from within yourself - and from your Creator.

Don't rely on getting respect from it from your wife, your Father, your Pastor, your Boss or your friends (or any other individual).

Don't go looking for it from those who would seek to 'tickle your ears' - lest you leave yourself open to dissappointment - or worse still (relational/spiritual/political/marketing) manipulation.

Once you learn to do this you will be able to see through the Bull sh-t*, feel confident, satisfied and happy within your self and stop relying on others as a source of narcissistic supply.

You are created uniquely, you are created as a Man in HIS image. Be true to yourself - you are valuable.

*Excuse the expression

No comments: