Friday, June 17, 2005

Influence

I got this one from 'signposts', a quiz on your theological bent. Its been a 'work-in-progress' for a couple of days as I could not get the HTML right - but it seems to have corrected itself.

Accordiung to the quiz, I have a bent towards 'Methodism' as did Marisa and Becky...I really think it may be more a product of the research device - as I think those particular questions may well have been more Lutheran than anything. I'm not as legalistic as the Methodists in any case.

But as Marisa has pointed out, we cannot underestimate the influence of these faiths on our own worldview.

<
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

82%

Neo orthodox

68%

Emergent/Postmodern

68%

Roman Catholic

64%

Reformed Evangelical

46%

Fundamentalist

43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

32%

Modern Liberal

32%

Classical Liberal

29%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

2 comments:

The Faith Expedition said...

Hey Lion...nice to know we're on the same 'page'...I scored 89% in Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan although I only scored 4% in Catholic. :)

IMO said...

I was about the same, I think, if I remember I scored about 79 in Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan and then next was Reformed Evangelical and Emergent and then the rest. And yes I think that the questions leaned that way. I had less percentage on all, spread out because I answered many of the questions as not absolute. My husband had the same order but higher percentages because he's more black and white. Interesting though.