Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Instant

"Instant: Defn: An almost imperceptible space of time".
-Source: www.dictionary.com


Just heard some sad news, a colleague of a friend lost his 2 year old when a cupboard fell on him yesterday. A life cut tragically short, too early. Having my own baby boy of similar age, I can't help but sympathise.

Recently, a colleague and young father was in a motorcycle accident and sadly is unlikely to walk again.

It makes you think.

Your whole life can be irreversably changed within an instant, and imperceptable amount of time. We need make a choice to make every second count...and filled with gratitude.

And enjoy the days... And its easy to do this when you see your 7 year old recieve a merit award at school assembly this morning "for thinking creatively outside the box!". And if you ever read this M. I'm so proud of you mate!

2 comments:

The Faith Expedition said...

A very sad story indeed. My mind immediately went to my bookshelves that are not secured to the walls. We're moving soon and I think I'll empty them this week and put the books in boxes and disassemble the shelves. It's something I've been worrying about ever since my parents friends new someone who lost their 2 year old when the bedroom dresser was pulled over. Yes, it does make you stop and think. I just got word yesterday that a former work-collegue of mine dropped dead of a massive heart attack last week. It really made me stop and think about my life and the way I face each day. That's one of the reasons for last-nights blog. I want to start making changes and living to the fullest before it's too late!

Congrats on your son's accomplishment! That's a very cool award!! I didn't know 7 year olds new what the box was, never minding thinking outside of it! :)He must be a bright young man!

Lionfish said...

It is sad news Beck...I cannot fathom how high the price is for some mistakes we make.

I too am going thru the place removing things and will be screwing bookcases to walls.

ANd thanks on M.'s merit awards. He really needed the encouragement - he got the award from his German teacher...his form teacher is a bit of a dragon lady!