Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Charmed

Just a musing thought. I dropped my 7 yo son (Spiderboy) at school today and was walking with him to meet his new Teacher.

He asked me to race him to the school buildings. Feeling a little too ‘dignified’ to run I declined his invitation telling him that “No mate - I am in my work suit.”

He thought for a second and then, a wry grin came over his face. And then with all of the charm that only a 7 year old can muster he said—“Come on Dad, you will look like a secret agent –and that would be really cool!”.

I really love that Boy!

7 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Did you run? Did you look like a secret agent?

Lionfish said...

It took a great deal of emotional strength - but I retained my dignity...until the weekend atleast! :-)

The Faith Expedition said...

Hey Lionfish. That is the cutest story. You should of run! There is nothing better than being thought of as 'cool' by your son! Anyways, haven't said hello for a while. Do you still visit? Blessings on your day!

Garth said...

Now that's a geat story!

Kel said...

secret agent lionfish
your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to risk looking foolish to "create a memory" with your son
my dad created some memories when I was young and that's one reason that today we have a great friendship that remains.

The Faith Expedition said...

Hi Lionfish...just discovered something and thought I would share it with you. There are two types of Scuba Divers that 'blog'. The ones that put Scuba Diving first on their Interests list, and those who don't. Those who did, thought of diving first, before anything else. My kind of Divers!!

Lionfish said...

Thanks guys...

LOL Chins-up