Saturday, February 26, 2005

Loyalty

My wife and I love entertaining. Rarely parties, but to have friends and colleagues over as couples for a meal, good food, good conversation and a few laughs.

Its been hectic at work, and because I have been working long hours over the summer period (I think I've missed summer this year) I took yesterday off. I helped out as parent helper (or volunteer child distractor) at my sons school. That's always fun.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning and cooking. I has my boss and his wife over last night. We have a great friendship as much as a good working relationship, so we thought it was time to honour them by way of a show of hospitality.

I slow roasted a leg of lamb, in rosemary and curry. My wife did the vegetables as only she can, as well as making a passionfuit pavlova. this was enjoyed with a couple of redbacks and a bottle of two peoples bay red (a label that is hawked by another colleague at work).

Throughout my career, I have known few better people to work for. Fair, just, family friendly, politically savvy. He has put together a great and loyal team, and created a fantastic and edifying work environment. There is low level of staff turnover as a consequence. My colleagues are simply the best.

A few things are on my mind, and some decison have to e made over the next few weeks. I have been asked to consider a position working for another a GM, a Christian, whom i also respect - moving from Business transformation to Strategy.

Its a funny thing, I wish the man upstairs would send me an email, telling me clearly which way to go.

1 comment:

The Faith Expedition said...

First of all...can I come over for dinner? That sounded awesome. Lamb is a fairly expensive meat here in Canada so we don't enjoy it as often as I would like. Oh my gosh, you've made me hungry. As for your email from God...you just never know how He's going to show you His will sometimes, He's suprisingly upfront. Sometimes, He seems silent, sometimes, He uses more subtle ways. I'll be praying for you tonight.
Your friend in Christ, Becky