Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Friendships

"The better part of one's life consists of his friendships". -Author: Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), 16th US President, Republican


Blogging is a great past-time;

And I want to say I sincerely value the friendships that I have made via this and your own Blogs...and getting to know some of you by email a little better who live in countries far away that I will not likely visit ...at least in the forseeable future. Perhaps one day we might meet.

You people see a side of me, perhaps in someways a little less fallible, and in others a little more. It is here that I anonomously express those thoughts frustrations, doubts and also those dreams about who I would like to be.

I also am grateful to God for authentic friends I see in flesh & blood, who are by nature a lot less intense than me - but alot more fun!. Some of the guy's I have known since school, or just a little later, one is as close as a Brother. They are my "best men", and also those to whom I am honoured to be a 'God parent' to their own children. These are men I know I can trust.

And of course for my soul-mate, who has enough God-given grace to put up with my insecurities and love me for all that I am. She has taught me how to accept love and to give love like no other.

You can never go wrong by marrying your best friend.

1 comment:

The Faith Expedition said...

Hey Lionfish...just dropping by to say hello. My husband and I moved across the country a little while ago and we have yet to make good friends here. It's so hard, when you're older, to start fresh. I know he really misses his buddies and even though they are in touch by phone and email regularly, its not the same as connecting in person. Cherish your friends. The older you get, the harder they are to replace!

Becky