Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Turning Seven

This post will be of interest to few tonight - but I want to capture it in our family archives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Our Son turns 7 (officially) tommorrow. And he is growing up into such a magnificent kid - I can honestly say that he pleases me.

So tonight, on the eve of his Birthday, like every other year, I take him out for a one-to-one dinner and chat. With no pressure I affirm what he achieved last year (learned to ride his bike, completed year one of Primary and learned to read). I also set challenges for him, this year:
1) To attain level 5 in swimming
2) To save $100 of his pocket money (he just started getting $5.00 per week)
3) To give $25 of it to orphans
4) To read his Childrens Bible through by himself
5) To ride his bike to his Grandparents (4km's away)

I have also promised to do three things together this year:
1) To go to the Great Escape Waterslide Park (tommorrow)
2) To do Indoor Rock climbing (like his Dad he is a 'Free-Play Kid' not a 'Jock'
3) To go Camping in a Tent with some friends like we did a few years ago - (time goes by so fast)


(My beautiful wife made this cake. This is Sponge Bob Square Pants - whom I am told lives in the Ocean with Starfish and crabs all around!)



Sponge Bob

3 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Inspirational stuff, Lionfish. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Coffeegrind said...

Happy Birthday Lf jr.!

Gavin Lloyd said...

Happy Birthday Little Fish. Great cake...my kids love the Sponge-Man as well!